A downloadable game
OpenSE BASIC is an open source replacement firmware for the ZX Spectrum and clones that includes many improvements over the original, while retaining a high level of compatibility. Some of the highlights are:
Version 3.2.0 has the following changes from the previously released 3.1.2:
- Compatibility improvements:
- Replaced Geneva Mono font with Jupiter81 font.
- Restored UDGs to original location.
- Changed boot colors to black on white.
- Swapped bytes at 04D0 / 04D1 to support tape traps.
- Reincorporated external data into the main assembly file.
- Switched default compiler back to Pasmo.
- Verified entry points against esxDOS 0.8.5 disassembly.
Version 3.2.1 has the following changes:
- Note table calculated with higher precision.
- NMIADD system variable moved to avoid a clash with disk systems including esxDOS.
Virtual tape support under esxDOS is unstable at best.